By Naturalization – Maltese citizenship by birth, descent if:
- a potential applicant was a former citizen of Malta;
- a potential applicant was born abroad to Maltese parents who are returned migrants;
- a potential applicant was born in Malta, and hold foreign citizenship, and at least one of the parents is a citizen of Malta;
- a potential applicant was born to parents who were non-Maltese but one of whom or both subsequently acquired Maltese citizenship;
- a potential applicant was not born in Malta, but is a Maltese descendant.
By Registration – one of the following conditions must be satisfied:
- through marriage: wife/husband of a citizen of Malta; widow/widower of a citizen of Malta;
- Former citizen of Malta;
- Child over 18 years of age born abroad between 21st September 1964 and 31st July 1989 of a Maltese mother, who at the time of birth of the child was a citizen of Malta;
- The direct descendant, second or subsequent, born abroad of an ascendant who was born in Malta of a parent.
By Investment – European passport in return for a one-time investment:
The Malta Individual Investor Program( IIP):
The programme offers residency that will lead to citizenship.
- Contribution of €750,000 and 12 months Maltese residency;
- Contributions of €600,000 and three years Maltese residency.
Other features of the Program:
- Mandatory philanthropic donation of minimum €10,000;
- Contribution of €50,000 for all dependents;
- Property investment to a minimum value of €700,000 or annual rent requirement is at €18,000 per annum.
The latter programme is now being phased out to a new one that requires more days of residence and more substance in Malta prior to being able to apply for citizenship.
If you are interested in Malta citizenship programs contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org