By Naturalization – Maltese citizenship by birth, descent if:
- a potential applicant was a former citizen of Malta;
- a potential applicant was born abroad to Maltese parents who are returned migrants;
- a potential applicant was born in Malta, and hold foreign citizenship, and at least one of the parents is a citizen of Malta;
- a potential applicant was born to parents who were non-Maltese but one of whom or both subsequently acquired Maltese citizenship;
- a potential applicant was not born in Malta, but is a Maltese descendant.
By Registration – one of the following conditions must be satisfied:
- through marriage: wife/husband of a citizen of Malta; widow/widower of a citizen of Malta;
- Former citizen of Malta;
- Child over 18 years of age born abroad between 21st September 1964 and 31st July 1989 of a Maltese mother, who at the time of birth of the child was a citizen of Malta;
- The direct descendant, second or subsequent, born abroad of an ascendant who was born in Malta of a parent.
By Investment – European passport in return for a one-time investment:
The Malta Individual Investor Program( IIP):
The programme offers residency that will lead to citizenship.
- Contribution of €750,000 and 12 months Maltese residency;
- Contributions of €600,000 and three years Maltese residency.
Other features of the Program:
- Mandatory philanthropic donation of minimum €10,000;
- Contribution of €50,000 for all dependents;
- Property investment to a minimum value of €700,000 or annual rent requirement is at €18,000 per annum.
The latter programme is now being phased out to a new one that requires more days of residence and more substance in Malta prior to being able to apply for citizenship.
© By Olga Saliba
If you are interested in Malta citizenship programs contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org