This process in Malta is a simple-enough and straightforward procedure, set out by The Companies Act 1995 which is modeled on its UK counterpart. Griffiths + Associates’s experts may assist you with the company formation and registration procedure, and you will be satisfied with the outcome within the legal requirements set out in Malta.
If you want to proceed with this service, please contact us for formation and registration process. Fill in a company application form and due diligence documents on the directors and shareholders. After evaluation of documentation by our experts, we will make a formal proposal entailing all the details, price, terms, and payment. We begin working immediately we receive the client’s confirmation and prepayment, following client acceptance post due diligence. The memorandum and articles of the established company will be drafted for signature.
The usual deadlines for a private limited liability (“td.” or “Limited”) or for a public limited liability company (“p.l.c.”) are around one week.
Generally Maltese company law does not impose any restrictions, but you need to know that certain activities of selected industries in Malta are regulated.
- Minimum authorized and issued share capital is:
46,600 Euros for public limited companies of which only 25% needs to be paid up;
1164,69 Euros for private limited company (it could be rounded up to €1200) of which 20% must be paid up.
- Minimum number of shareholders: 1 or 2 in case where a corporate Director is appointed to the Board.
- Minimum Annual Government Fee: €100 where the authorised share capital of the Company does not exceed €1,500.
- Corporate tax burden: – 35% on trading profits but typically tax refunds reduce the effective Maltese tax burden to around 5-10% (the shareholder will become eligible to claim a tax refund on Malta tax paid of either 2/3, 5/7 or 6/7 depending on the stream of income).
7-Step guide how starting a business in Malta:
Our experts may assist you throughout all stages of company registration in Malta: email@example.com
- Select a trade name and choose a business form.
- Prepare registration documentation.
- Open up a bank account and deposit the minimum share capital.
- Tax registration: get a tax identification number, register with the VAT department and obtain necessary licences.
- Register with Jobplus, when applicable and obtain a PE number from Inland Revenue Department.
- Register with Data Protection Commissioner, when applicable.
The usual deadlines for a private limited liability (“td.” or “Limited”) – about a week, for a public limited liability company (“p.l.c.”) – after MFSA’s approval.
We guarantee you full accounting and legal support.