Not easy to comply with ever-changing local legislation managing a company. Do you need administrative support? With years of experience behind us, our experienced team may assist you with professional directorship and secretarial services and you can be sure your company is compliant with the provisions of the Companies Act to avoid possible enforcement action for non-compliance by the Law.
Griffiths + Associates can provide you Malta directorship service – a corporate director through our associated corporate entity or by an individual directorship.
A private company registered in Malta must have at least one director. There are no nationality restrictions, but preferably that a director of Maltese company has to be a Maltese resident. Directors manage all the business of the company (except for business that falls within the competence of general meetings), and they’re ensuring that companies operate in line with Maltese laws and regulations.
Company Secretarial Services
Company Secretary’s central role is administrative, must be performed by an individual and not by a corporate body (an exception applies to investment companies) and it includes the following duties generally grouped under several categories:
- Board meetings and general meetings;
- Maintaining the minutes of any meetings carried out by the directors;
- Providing Information and disclosure;
- Ensuring that people who are entitled to do so (as examples, official receiver in the case of the winding up of the company or to the Registry of Companies in the event the a Company is under investigation) can inspect company records when required.
- Company statutory registers;
- Maintaining a register of members and debentures;
- Filings of applications;
- The secretary duty is also to notify the Maltese Registrar of Companies about all changes that have occurred in the company.
Another responsibility is to send the company’s annual financial statement to the Malta Financial Services Authority and submission of VAT and tax returns and other related forms to the Tax Department. The company secretary must make sure all documents are correctly prepared and delivered in a timely manner.
Our experts may assist you throughout all stages: email@example.com