Thinking about one’s affairs after death is not only a responsible thing to do, but is also an act of love towards the important persons in one’s life. Estate planning is an extremely important aspect which is at times not tackled at the right times and possibly left to a stage in life which is not ideal.
In a correct assessment of one’s estate, the following are the right questions to pose:
- Where are my assets situated?
- Do I have wills in place to cover the assets I hold internationally?
- Would a trust or private foundation help in holding my patrimonies and in leaving them to my desired heirs?
- How will my heirs be taxed after my death? Will they be exposed to inheritance tax or probate?
- The answers to these questions are at times not straight forward, but at the same time necessary in any serious estate planning scenario.
Malta trust and foundation law provide very attractive solutions to international clients who want to structure their affairs and plan for their estate efficiently and effectively.
Our firm has the expertise and the knowledge to address the important questions above and to advise and set up the correct estate plan for the particular client, taking a three hundred and sixty degree approach of the state of play and achieving the desired solution.